Tuesday, September 18, 2007

You Jokesters!


Saw you on Bedford on Saturday - m4w - 32

On the corner of 7th and Bedford (at the subway)

You: mid-twenties, jet black hair, red lipstick, wearing red cons, jeans, in your third trimester. You had with you a five year old, a three year old, a two year old, a six month old and a pug (I think). You had a half-smoken cigarette behind your ear and were reading Marcel Proust.

Me: Early thirties, brown hair, a bit of stubble, wearing a dress shirt. No tie. No pants. I'm pretty good looking (some say movie star looks) I was begging for change and/or food. Did you see me? I was the one who visibly hadn't bathed for weeks. People were going out of their way to avoid coming near me?

Write me back. I'd love to take you out for thai food or body shots. I have an extensive 8-track collection, and love listening to them with friends while eating a candlelit dinner, and while naked.


In front of the cell phone store on Manhattan ave. - m4w - 25

You were handing out fliers in front of the cell phone store Sunday afternoon. I was walking by carrying my shopping in one hand and my lunch in the other. I wasn't able to take one of your fliers! Was it for cell phone accessories? I really wanted to take one, but my hands were full! I'm in desperate need of cell phone accessories (chargers, cases, etc) and everywhere I've gone is too over-priced! Do you have any deals on cell phone accessories? Help me! Please!
Verdict: Normally I don't like these like, jokey slash inside joke slash thinly-veiled social commentary MCs*, but these made me larf. Maybe it's the change in the weather or something.

* I may or may not be lying in the interest of saving face. Then again, what the fuck do I care, I'm the one blogging about them.

No comments: